October 8, 2014

Ben Hall - a Good Samaritan Public Safety Officer in Michigan

On October 4, 2014, Officer Ben Hall, age 31, of Emmett Township, Michigan, received a call to investigate a situation in which a child in a car was not secured in a proper child car seat. 
Officer Ben Hall

In Michigan a child under the age of 7 is required to be secured in a booster seat when riding in a vehicle. 

Alexis DeLorenzo and her daughter, age 5, were in a vehicle with a friend. 

Alexis DeLorenzo admitted to Officer Hall that she knew that she should have her daughter in a child car seat. She also stated that her car (with the child's booster seat still in it) had been repossessed. She didn't have the money to buy a new seat. 

Officer Hall could have given the woman a ticket for this infraction but he realized that a ticket wasn't going to solve the problem. 

He told the woman to meet him at the local Walmart where he purchased a $50. booster seat for the child. 

Alexis DeLorenzo was overwhelmed by Ben Hall's kindness and understanding. She
The Good Samaritan comes
to the aid of strangers,
selflessly.
stated:

"I would like to say thank you to officer Hall for his help and compassion. Last night he helped me and my family out more than he will ever know. I recently hit a financial struggle, lost my vehicle, and my childen's car seats. And last night officer Hall was doing his job and saw that my daughter was not in a car seat, and yes I know how important it is for her to be in one, he went out of his way, and out of his own pocket, and purchased my daughter a car seat. I thank God for putting you in my life officer Hall. You are an amazing man, and I will never forget the kindness and compassion you showed me, and you also showed my daughter and myself that there are people out there that care. Thank you! "

People all around the world have heard this story and have acknowledged the kindness of Officer Hall. 

And rightly so.  He went above and beyond the call of duty. 

Officer Ben Hall is a Good Samaritan. 

God bless him and all who come to the aid of strangers.  They are the true heroes of the modern era. 

No comments: