October 10, 2012

Grief is in the weeping of the rain

Edna St. Vincent Millay was born in 1892 and died in 1950 at age 58. She was a great American poet, a playwright and a feminist. 
Edna St. Vincent Millay

She received the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry in 1923. 

She was known for her turbulent lifestyle and her many lovers. Let's just say....she had a way with words. 

Regarding the loss of a loved one, she said the following:

Time does not bring relief; 
you all have lied
Who told me time would ease me of my pain.
I miss him in the weeping of the rain;
I want him at the shrinking of the tide.

That about sums up grief and loss.

God help all women who have lost their loved one due to War. God give them peace. Amen.

God help all men and women who have lost their loved one, whether it is a husband, a wife, a son, a daughter, a lover. We miss them in the weeping of the rain.  Amen.

All Angels of God, pray for us. Amen. 

All Saints pray for us. Amen.

No comments: