August 27, 2010

Justin Shoecraft

Pfc. Justin Shoecraft, age 28, died August 24, 2010, in Afghanistan from a road-side bomb.

"I'm very proud that he joined the army, and I'm proud that he wanted to serve his country. I'm just not proud that they took him," Donna Shoecraft, Justin Shoecraft's mother, said as she held back her tears. "I never thought I'd have to go through this."

Pfc. Shoecraft joined the Army about two years ago. He was stationed in Germany with the 1st Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment. He was in Afghanistan for only five weeks.

His father remembers him not only as a soldier but also as his hard-working son. "If you said, 'Hey, I need help with something,' he was there to help you," Blue Shoecraft said. Together they worked on the two things they both loved — old cars and old bicycles.

"I never wanted to go through this, and I hope another parent never has to go through this," Donna Shoecraft said.

Pfc. Shoecraft is survived by his wife, Jessica. 

Let us pray to God the Father, Jesus, all of the saints and all of the angels that Justin Shoecraft is in heaven. Let us pray that he is at peace and is with God. Amen

No comments: