October 27, 2012

Heaven - according to a Neurologist who was near death

Dr. Eben Alexander
believes in Heaven.
Dr. Eben Alexander is an accomplished neurosurgeon who believes heaven exists.  

Eben contracted bacterial meningitis, went into a 7 day coma and experienced occurrences and visions that he was able to relate when he came out of the coma days later.

His brain went completely inactive as he battled the disease.

I can attest to this inactivity of the brain because I also had meningitis (at age 26). I fell ill and went into a coma for 3 days.  But I was not near death like Eben.  My experience with meningitis was total blankness, but I was hovering around life and not hovering around death. 

But Eben's mind was active...."I had no body awareness at all. I was just a speck of awareness in kind of a dark, murky environment, in roots or vessels or something. And I seemed to be there for a very long time—I would say years." 

Fields of Heaven
"I was rescued by this beautiful, spinning, white light that had a melody, an incredibly beautiful melody with it that opened up into a bright valley....an extremely verdant valley with blossoming flowers and a just incredible, rich, ultra-real world of indescribable complexity."

Eben eventually traveled on the wing of a butterfly with a beautiful young woman with vibrant blue eyes.  Several months after he came out of the coma and was on the road to recovery, biological family members sent him a photo of the sister he never knew. This woman was the beautiful blue eyed woman. 

It was his sister coming to aid him in his journey to the afterlife and his return to this life. 

Eben Alexander has written a book called "Proof of Heaven".  It is available at every bookstore and internet book sellers and probably at your local library. 


Michael, Prince in Heaven, pray
that we all reach Heaven
This dude is not a liar. You can tell he is entirely sincere. 

Eben Alexander believes in Heaven and life after death.  And so do I.  And you want to believe too. 

It all has a lot more to do with the Higher Power than it has to do with organized religion and dogma.

We ask God the Father to lead us and our loved ones to Heaven.  Amen. 

No comments: