August 13, 2012

Greg Buckley Jr.

Lance Cpl. Gregory T. Buckley, age 21, of Oceanside, New York, died on August 10, 2012, in Helmand Province, Afghanistan.

His parent command was 3rd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, 3rd Marine Division, III Marine Expeditionary Force in Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii.

He graduated in 2009 from Oceanside High School. 

He had written his family members that he was not happy in Afghanistan and that this violence scared him.

His father, Greg Buckley Sr. said that "I don't want a Purple Heart. I want my son back." 

Light a candle for Greg. Light
his way to Heaven. 
Greg is survived by many loving friends and relatives including his father, Greg Buckley Sr., and his mother Marina Buckley. 

Pray for the 21 year olds who die in war. Yesterday, they were just boys. 

Greg hit the nail on the head - this violence scares us. God give us peace.  God save us from our warring governments.  God save us from the Dictators. Amen. 

Let us pray that Greg Buckley Jr. is in heaven. Let us pray that he is at peace and is with God. Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He was a good friend. I hope he is safe in heaven now. I remember the one time we went to present an award to a marine in his shop. His blue car wouldn't start. It was a pretty funny memory. But all we have left now are memories. I can't fathom the idea that someone i cared about so much is gone. He was a good Marine. He was a good friend. I miss him dearly. May he protect the streets of Heaven with his fallen brother Marines. OORAH. SEMPER FI dear one. I'm so sorry. -Lopez