May 4, 2011

The Blind....

Today, as I was at the bus, a blind man showed me his cell phone and said to me "Can you tell me what time it is on this phone? I said "It is 10:08 a.m." He went on his way, alone. 

Later, I came out of an under-ground mall and followed a blind woman, about 30 years old and her seeing eye dog, up the stairs, to the street level. This blind woman was aided by a woman who was passing by. If she didn't have help from another, would she have known where she was? Can a dog know where you are?

God help all who are blind. Their life is in black. 

I am sorry that I did not do more for these blind men and women. I should have stepped up. I am ashamed that I did not step up to help more. 

All who read this blog...if you see someone on the street who is blind, ask them if they need help. 

God help us all.

No comments: